Rev Samuel Evans of Taxal Church

This forum is for all posts that do not fit into any of the other sections. First port of call for a new subject.
Norm
Site Worker
Site Worker

#3152 Re: Rev Samuel Evans of Taxal Church

Post by Norm »

Hi David,

I am afraid you will not get an answer from R. S-S.

Have a look at the New Find thread, he was not impressed with the time I was taking to upload his documents, he in effect then called me untrustworthy and then said I over reacted. He then left since I over reacted.

I will have a few words with the founder members in the New Year about this projects future.

Have a peaceful Christmas.

Norm

gritch

#3153 Re: Rev Samuel Evans of Taxal Church

Post by gritch »

Norm wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:57 am
Hi David,

Have a look at the New Find thread, he was not impressed with the time I was taking to upload his documents, he in effect then called me untrustworthy and then said I over reacted. He then left since I over reacted.

I will have a few words with the founder members in the New Year about this projects future.

Norm

Oh dear ! That is really upsetting news!
I thoroughly enjoy visiting this forum and despite posts being few and far between these days, all posts were of great interest and R.S-S was/is a great contributor.
I can only hope this projects does not close!
May I wish everyone
A peaceful Christmas and a Happy New Year
....best wishes x

Gail

G. Jackson

#3154 Re: Rev Samuel Evans of Taxal Church

Post by G. Jackson »

Thanks Gail and Norman for the Christmas wishes, may I take this opportunity to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas and all the best for a peaceful New Year.

G. J.

Digger

#3155 Re: Rev Samuel Evans of Taxal Church

Post by Digger »

Norm wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:57 am
Hi David,

Norm
I'm sorry to read that the forum may end. I live in Manchester but I enjoy reading the articles submitted by other members. There is an amazing amount of knowledge and information been gathered in one place and it would be a shame for it to go.
I sincerely hope you and R.S-S can patch up your differences.

Best wishes to everyone at Christmas and I hope you all have a good New Year.

Gnatalee

#3156 Re: Rev Samuel Evans of Taxal Church

Post by Gnatalee »

May I join in and wish everyone a peaceful and Merry Christmas, and a New Year which is everything you would wish for yourself and your friends and family.

Thank you also Norm, for all that you do for this forum - very much appreciated.

Gnats

drstir

#3157 Re: Rev Samuel Evans of Taxal Church

Post by drstir »

That's really sad news, Norm. I haven't yet read the other thread you mention. But I very much hope that things get resolved. And that you continue with this fantastic resource for fellow local-history lovers. It's been invaluable to me researching information for my Goyt Valley website. And I'm sure to many others. All the best to everyone for the season. David

Snoopy

#3158 Re: Rev Samuel Evans of Taxal Church

Post by Snoopy »

Yes I agree David, sad news.

I have known Norm for many years and he has tirelessly worked on this site and the quiz league site for many years. I have read the New Find thread and note that he has had no thanks at all for what he has uploaded, only moaning near the end. Not for one minute would he not return any documents, he is just not that sort of guy. Please keep at it Norm but I would understand if you threw in the towel.

So just left for me to say Merry Christmas and I hope a Happy New Year.

Snoopy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic