Does anyone on here remember the DARKSIDE?

This forum is for all posts that do not fit into any of the other sections. First port of call for a new subject.
R. Stephenson-Smythe
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

#3081 Does anyone on here remember the DARKSIDE?

Post by R. Stephenson-Smythe » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:01 pm

Yesterday I was looking for some information and tried the old forum which now appears closed. It was ruined by a few disgraceful individuals and I am not just talking about the idiot from North Wales.
Further enquiries lead me to believe that former Councillor John G has left the village although his wife still lives at the former marital home and John G now inhabits somewhere in Staffordshire. But John G, always full of a good will and likes putting it about, is returning briefly to light the bonfire at Whaley Cricket Club in November under cover of darkness. The cover of darkness and swift return to WB and an even swifter retreat to Staffs is rather welcome for him as I also understand Big Red Nev (another responsible for the former forum's demise) would rather like to renew his acquaintance with John G.

Or maybe, just maybe, someone else has heard a few whispers they might care to share with us.

R. S-S

parabuild

#3089 Re: Does anyone on here remember the DARKSIDE?

Post by parabuild » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:32 pm

I have re-visited the old forum a few times recently. At least it is still available for access to its old posts, some of which are well worth archiving. It really was rather good in its heyday.
I read a couple of days ago, an admission by one of the old Forum's former members,
who will remain nameless, that he had recently been ejected from two Facebook groups. Nothing ever changes.

David Easton

davethescope

#3108 Re: Does anyone on here remember the DARKSIDE?

Post by davethescope » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:33 pm

I remember being sacked as a moderator for daring to mention the existence of this site :-)

Norm
Site Worker
Site Worker

#3109 Re: Does anyone on here remember the DARKSIDE?

Post by Norm » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:30 am

Dave, well don't know why - it was their idea anyway.

They said if you can do a better job then start your own forum, so as always I did what they wanted. You can't please some people.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic