Whaley toll house

This forum is for all posts that do not fit into any of the other sections. First port of call for a new subject.
drstir

#3021 Whaley toll house

Post by drstir » Fri May 10, 2019 8:46 am

Just wondered whether anyone has any information - or photos - of the Whaley toll house mentioned in the William Wood saga.

I always assumed it must have been the house beside the cross roads as you come into town from Buxton. Simply because it has the shape of other toll houses I've seen. But I haven't been able to confirm it.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

David

R. Stephenson-Smythe
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

#3025 Re: Whaley toll house

Post by R. Stephenson-Smythe » Mon May 13, 2019 8:15 pm

David,

Should you care to read my story of the Murder Stone you would see that I have tried to identify the location of the toll house that was also identified by the witnesses who spotted the suspects running through WB.

R. S-S

Norm
Site Worker
Site Worker

#3027 Re: Whaley toll house

Post by Norm » Sun May 19, 2019 11:10 am

David

R. S-S phoned me about his last post and he wondered if what he said sounded a bit harse. I said it wasn't too bad but I think it may come over a bit bad.

Anyway he is not too well at the moment, I won't go into details but pretty bad, but hopes to be back on in the next week or two. So if you are still having problems with it please say so and he will be only too glad to help on his return.

Norm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic