End of season 2022

You can enter a message here regarding anything about the quiz league. Ideas, doubts, just about anything.
Geoff Abell

End of season 2022

Post by Geoff Abell » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:23 pm

We are well into the second half of the season. There seem to be 2 teams in pole position with a few others close by, so, with a few months to go, it makes life more interesting in our quiz league,

Downside is that (the way it's panned out) 4 teams now set quistions for the last 8 matches.

Thanks everyone for bearing with the new setup. Hopefully next season will be a bit more straightforward. But equally interesting!

Sandy

Re: End of season 2022

Post by Sandy » Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:22 am

i hate to raise this again, but I am sure we are aware that there is a Bank Holiday this year on 2 June - the celebration of Her Maj's Platinum Jubilee. 2 June is a Thursday and I suspect we won't be the only pub who is planning to take advantage and make loads of money that night. The last thing I want is another postponement, taking us to a last match on 16 June, bur perhaps teams can think about the implications of this and we can come to a common consensus of how we finfish this season. I look forward to seeing responses.

Sandy
Malt Disley

Rob(Pack)

Post by Rob(Pack) » Mon May 02, 2022 4:52 pm

Hi Sandy,
Not sure why no one has replied - perhaps relying on personal contact?

A glance at the fixtures list shows that there are no matches scheduled for 2 June and matches scheduled for 9, 16 and 23 June. Does that address your concerns or just add to them?

Rob

Geoff Abell

Post by Geoff Abell » Tue May 03, 2022 5:29 pm

Yes, thanks Rob.

Also, Oddies what do you think was your score last week?

We set the questions this week, so you know who to blame.

Generally there is a lot less banter on this message board these days.

Norm managed to run this league and cope with the banter. Them were the days....

Any other problems, let us know here or via email.

Cheers,
Geoff

Sandy

Post by Sandy » Fri May 06, 2022 10:19 am

Rob (Pack) and Geoff - Thanks. I am sure that when I first got at the updated Fixture List there was a game planned for 2 June, but the problem now seems to be solved.

Running into June is going to cause some serous personnel problems, but I guess there is nothing we can do about it this year. We would like to suggest, however, that next season, we insist that whatever happens, pandemic, snow, Russian invasion (!) we finish the league in mid May latest with the game completion whatever it is then. including KO matches. That way everyone can plan their holidays as they feel fit in the certain knowledge that their teammates will not be inconvenienced by their absence.

Best of luck for all for the remaining matches - we are going to need it!!

Sandy (Malt Disley)